Re: [John Muir Trail] Motel Mammonth Lakes

  • stabes27
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 8, 2009
      I stayed at the Sierra Nevada Rodeway Inn for about $90 and it is right across from the bus stop.

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, ed_rodriguez52@... wrote:

      > And how fare is that where the bus drop you off from reds meadow or from the PO

    • stabes27
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 8, 2009
        Now that I think about it, it was across from the Yarts bus stop. After the Reds Meadow bus drops you in Mammoth, you have to get on a free trolley to get to where all the motels are. You will pass a bunch.

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "stabes27" <hstabler@...> wrote:

        > I stayed at the Sierra Nevada Rodeway Inn for about $90 and it is right across from the bus stop.
        >
        > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, ed_rodriguez52@ wrote:
        > >
        > > And how fare is that where the bus drop you off from reds meadow or from the PO
        > > Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

      • Don Amundson
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 8, 2009
          I don't know what you consider the value of 2 arms to be but Red's Meadow Resort has cabins and motel rooms.  The last price I saw for the motel rooms were $79 a night for 2.

          http://www.redsmeadow.com/the-resort.htm

          To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
          From: ed_rodriguez52@...
          Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 18:52:17 +0000
          Subject: [John Muir Trail] Motel Mammonth Lakes

        • ed_rodriguez52@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 8, 2009
            Thanks Don will look into that

            From: Don Amundson <amrowinc@...>
            Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 19:06:11 -0700
            To: <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com>
            Subject: RE: [John Muir Trail] Motel Mammonth Lakes

            To: johnmuirtrail@ yahoogroups. com
            From: ed_rodriguez52@ yahoo.com
            Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 18:52:17 +0000

            Was thinking when I re supply myself in Mammoth Lakes to stay in a motel. I would rather stay in the campground in Reds Meadow but was thinking that my daughter would like to stay in a motel. Does any one know of 1 that is hiker friendly and won't cost me 2 arms or 2 legs. Thanks

          • Barbara
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 8, 2009
              My daughter and I stayed at the Holiday Haus in Mammoth on a Wednesday night walk-in for $56.00, and so did a couple of other hikers coming down from Red's at the same time. It was quite nice and the people were very accommodating.

              --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "eddie" <ed_rodriguez52@...> wrote:

              > Was thinking when I re supply myself in Mammoth Lakes to stay in a motel. I would rather stay in the campground in Reds Meadow but was thinking that my daughter would like to stay in a motel. Does any one know of 1 that is hiker friendly and won't cost me 2 arms or 2 legs. Thanks

            • judyluana
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 8, 2009
                My husband & I like to stay at the Sierra Lodge. The manager is really friendly. They have nice rooms with kitchenette area and a nice hot tub that really feels good after a long hike. The price is competitive with the other motels in the area...