trail head

  • eddie
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2009
      Hello all, going to fill out the wilderness permit reservation for the JMT. The entry will be :Happy Isles. Now which on starts at the valley floor. Happy Iles - -llilouette or the HI little vosemite vally or the last one listed HI sunrise/merced lake pass
    • Shawn A
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2009
        LYV and Sunrise start on the valley floor via Happy Isles. I prefer hiking via Merced Lake. It takes you through the east side of yosemite through vogelsang and hooks up with the JMT between Tuolumne Meadows and Donahue Pass (you can use google maps on "terrain" mode to see these trails). Hiking traffic is very minimal after LYV via Merced Lake, but if you're really eager to stay on the JMT trail, go the Tuolumne route via Sunrise.