Greyhound to LA/LAX

  • John Lovaas
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 24, 2009
      skd-

      I was just doing some research yesterday that might help- I'm flying into LAX and meeting someone in Bakersfield next week.

      If you are taking Greyhound to the Los Angeles station at 1716 E. 7th St., get on the #60 Metro Local bus (Downtown) and take it to the 7th St. Metro Station- about 1 1/2 miles.  Get on the Metro Rail Blue line southbound; take it to the Imperial/Wilmington stop, where you'll change over to the Metro Rail Green line.  Take the westbound Green line to the Aviation/LAX stop, where you can catch a free shuttle bus to LAX.

      Each leg of this route takes about 10-20 minutes, and the buses and trains run every 10-15 minutes.

      Here's two useful weblinks-

      jl

    • skdupre
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 25, 2009
        Good suggestions. Thanks! Also am now considering Lone Pine to Reno via the CREST (goes direct to the Reno Airport) and flying out to Houston from there. Need to firm up days on the CREST departure.

        skd

      • ed_rodriguez52@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 25, 2009
          Hi skd, for me plan A was to have my family pick me up and Lone PIne. But Plan B was to take the eastern sierra transit authority into Reno. The bus leaves Lone Pine (Stathan Hall) at 6:15 am and arrive at Reno airport at 12:00 pm (800-922-1930). Am plannind to start ether July 10,11 or 12 depends on when I can get my permit. Hope to see you out there

          From: "skdupre"
          Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 10:16:42 -0000
          To: <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: [John Muir Trail] Re: Greyhound to LA/LAX

          Good suggestions. Thanks! Also am now considering Lone Pine to Reno via the CREST (goes direct to the Reno Airport) and flying out to Houston from there. Need to firm up days on the CREST departure.

          skd

          --- In johnmuirtrail@ yahoogroups. com, "John Lovaas" <jlovaas@... > wrote:

          > skd-
          >
          > I was just doing some research yesterday that might help- I'm flying into LAX and meeting someone in Bakersfield next week.
          >
          > If you are taking Greyhound to the Los Angeles station at 1716 E. 7th St., get on the #60 Metro Local bus (Downtown) and take it to the 7th St. Metro Station- about 1 1/2 miles. Get on the Metro Rail Blue line southbound; take it to the Imperial/Wilmington stop, where you'll change over to the Metro Rail Green line. Take the westbound Green line to the Aviation/LAX stop, where you can catch a free shuttle bus to LAX.
          >
          > Each leg of this route takes about 10-20 minutes, and the buses and trains run every 10-15 minutes.
          >
          > Here's two useful weblinks-
          >
          > http://www.metro. net/riding_ metro/maps/ default.htm
          >
          > http://www.metro. net/riding_ metro/riders_ guide/planning_ trip.htm
          >
          > jl

        • Bgibson
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 25, 2009
            Here's the Website for CRESt -- gives dates, times, etc.  by the way, if I remember correctly, they only take cash at the stop; credit cards if you reserve early, but that may not be true by next year.

            It was a farily comfortable ride when I did it this past July

            Bob Gibson

            From: "skdupre"
            Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 10:16:42 -0000
            To: <johnmuirtrail@ yahoogroups. com>

            Good suggestions. Thanks! Also am now considering Lone Pine to Reno via the CREST (goes direct to the Reno Airport) and flying out to Houston from there. Need to firm up days on the CREST departure.

            skd

            --- In johnmuirtrail@ yahoogroups. com, "John Lovaas" <jlovaas@... > wrote:

            > skd-
            >
            > I was just doing some research yesterday that might help- I'm flying into LAX and meeting someone in Bakersfield next week.
            >
            > If you are taking Greyhound to the Los Angeles station at 1716 E. 7th St., get on the #60 Metro Local bus (Downtown) and take it to the 7th St. Metro Station- about 1 1/2 miles. Get on the Metro Rail Blue line southbound; take it to the Imperial/Wilmington stop, where you'll change over to the Metro Rail Green line. Take the westbound Green line to the Aviation/LAX stop, where you can catch a free shuttle bus to LAX.
            >
            > Each leg of this route takes about 10-20 minutes, and the buses and trains run every 10-15 minutes.
            >
            > Here's two useful weblinks-
            >
            > http://www.metro. net/riding_ metro/maps/ default.htm
            >
            > http://www.metro. net/riding_ metro/riders_ guide/planning_ trip.htm
            >
            > jl

          • skdupre
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 2, 2009
              Great suggestion on your Plan B. I have changed my plans for a Lone Pine bus ride to Reno. The arrival time in Reno works for a same day flight out. Only one issue with the M, Tu, Th, F departure. My original itinerary was to bus out to LAX on Wednesday (Aug 4) so I'll now stay on the trail a day longer (thinking a stop or resupply at Charlotte Lake).

              I'm already booked to arrive in Yosemite on July 10 (8:20 pm on the YARTS to Yo Lodge). I'll pick up my permit, find the trailhead, see some sights on the 11 and mail my "traveling cloths" and backpack bag to my hotel in Lone Pine (Dow Hotel a few blocks from Stathan Hall). Then I'll hit the trail bright and early on the 12. If for some reason I don't get my permit approved I'll "first come first serve it" when I get there (two chances on July 11 or 12).

              Yeah man, hope to see you on the trail.

              skd