Re: [John Muir Trail] RE: Running the JMT in July

  • john radich
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 4, 2003
      Hi Bill,
      Well thank you for the awesome data! Wow! This really
      helps me a lot. Your suggestions are very good ones.
      Web pages even!
      Thanks again Bill. Have a great summer.
      John

    • Reinhold
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 31 9:18 PM
        John, I have through hiked the JMT 7 times including my September
        2003 through hike in 5 days 10 hrs (a new record for an unsupported
        through hike of the JMT). Go to - signonsandiego.com sports extreme
        backpacking - to review the San Diego Union article on that trek.
        When I did the JMT in July 2003 I kept getting reports from hikers
        about a guy & a girl several days ahead of me running the JMT trying
        to break my then unsupported 7 day record for the JMT. Was that you?
        That's what motivated me to do the JMT again in September to improve
        on the 7 days. My thinking was if somebody is going to break my
        record I'm going to make them work for it. I would be interested in a
        runndown or a trail report on your July 2003 runn of the JMT. Reinhold
      • JD Schaefer
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2003
          Hi Reinhold
          I was "playing" with my camera on the Golden Staircase SoBo when you blew by
          me as we exchanged hometowns. I'm only 57 so I have a ways to go to catch
          up to you.

          I look forward to hearing more of your exploits in the future.

          Best regards,
          JD Schaefer

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 4, 2003
            -It's nice to hear from you JD. I remember running into you on the
            Golden Staircase. My hiking season is over for this year but the
            skiing season is just around the corner.Maybe we will run into each
            other on the trail next year. Untill then HAPPY TRAILS!!!

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/