Re: [John Muir Trail] Twolumne Meadows Post Office

  • ed_rodriguez52@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2009
      Say Rich , back in 96 I went to bishop to resupply my self and in RM (Mammath Lake PO). Next year we are going nothbound. And planning to resupply our selfs at TM, Mammath Lake PO and Bishiop. Where you planning to say at Biship? What I did to get to south lake is camp out on the JMT of Bishop Pass so I can get early enough to hitch a ride to bishop. So if time a problem you could just stay long enough to get your food and do laundry. ED
      Sent on the Sprint� Now Network from my BlackBerry�

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2, 2009
        Ed -
        Presently, we have no plans to visit Bishop unless some event forces us
        to leave the trail at that point. I was just trying to point out the
        disadvantage of having to leave the JMT at Bishop Pass Trail if resupply
        at MTR were not an option. When I weigh the costs, resupply at MTR seems
        to be a much less expensive choice than a 3-4 day detour into Bishop.
        Sorry for the confusion.

        Rich

        ed_rodriguez52@... wrote:
        > Say Rich , back in 96 I went to bishop to resupply my self and in RM (Mammath Lake PO). Next year we are going nothbound. And planning to resupply our selfs at TM, Mammath Lake PO and Bishiop. Where you planning to say at Biship? What I did to get to south lake is camp out on the JMT of Bishop Pass so I can get early enough to hitch a ride to bishop. So if time a problem you could just stay long enough to get your food and do laundry. ED

      • Rich Ehli
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 2, 2009
          I tried the TM several times. Based on the rings and tones, I believe it
          to be a fax number. Anyone have a voice number or an email address to
          TM? Thanks.
          Rich