Re: [John Muir Trail] Twolumne Meadows Post Office

  • ed_rodriguez52@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2009
      Here is TM phone # 209 372 8429 & Mammoth Lake # 530 659 7207. Remember you have to go to Mammoth Lake PO if you want to resupply yourself at RM hope this helps. Ed
      Sent on the Sprint� Now Network from my BlackBerry�

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2009
        The PO is located next to the store, not inside. But that, the store and
        the grill are all part of the same complex. Maybe they all stay open until
        the campground closes - I'll check on the date for that and post it.
        Barbara

        _____

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 1, 2009
          Tuolumne Meadow stops taking campsite reservations as of Sept 27 - maybe the
          store and grill are open til then?

          _____

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 1, 2009
            Say Rich, where are you going to resupply before you reach Red Meadow? How much food did you want to be carring. You could go down to Lake Edison or Muir Trail Ranch ( heard they charge $50).
            Sent on the Sprint� Now Network from my BlackBerry�

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 1, 2009
              Ed -
              We shipped our bucket to MTR yesterday. Priority Mail postage came to
              $46 & change for a 21+ #s and yes, we paid $50 to MTR for receiving and
              holding the bucket. Personally, I am not unhappy to pay for the resupply
              option vs. carrying that weight any extra distance. Without MTR I think
              we'd have no choice but to burn about 4 days exiting the JMT to resupply
              at Bishop. We don't plan to ship our resupply boxes to RM and TM (if
              do-able) for another 2 weeks so we have time to formulate a Plan B if
              that's necessary. If TM doesn't close until 9/27, we're still in the
              game. We plan 4 days and a breakfast to reach RM from MTR, 2-1/2 days
              from RM to TM and 4 days to HI. Very conservative but I'd rather be
              ahead of schedule (as we expect) then cut it too close. Otherwise the
              schedule becomes too controlling.
              Rich

            • ed_rodriguez52@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 1, 2009
                Say Rich , back in 96 I went to bishop to resupply my self and in RM (Mammath Lake PO). Next year we are going nothbound. And planning to resupply our selfs at TM, Mammath Lake PO and Bishiop. Where you planning to say at Biship? What I did to get to south lake is camp out on the JMT of Bishop Pass so I can get early enough to hitch a ride to bishop. So if time a problem you could just stay long enough to get your food and do laundry. ED

                ed_rodriguez52@... wrote:
                > Say Rich, where are you going to resupply before you reach Red Meadow? How much food did you want to be carring. You could go down to Lake Edison or Muir Trail Ranch ( heard they charge $50).
                >
                > Sent on the Sprint� Now Network from my BlackBerry�

              • Rich Ehli
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 2, 2009
                  Ed -
                  Presently, we have no plans to visit Bishop unless some event forces us
                  to leave the trail at that point. I was just trying to point out the
                  disadvantage of having to leave the JMT at Bishop Pass Trail if resupply
                  at MTR were not an option. When I weigh the costs, resupply at MTR seems
                  to be a much less expensive choice than a 3-4 day detour into Bishop.
                  Sorry for the confusion.

                  Rich

                  ed_rodriguez52@... wrote:
                  > Say Rich , back in 96 I went to bishop to resupply my self and in RM (Mammath Lake PO). Next year we are going nothbound. And planning to resupply our selfs at TM, Mammath Lake PO and Bishiop. Where you planning to say at Biship? What I did to get to south lake is camp out on the JMT of Bishop Pass so I can get early enough to hitch a ride to bishop. So if time a problem you could just stay long enough to get your food and do laundry. ED

                • Rich Ehli
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 2, 2009
                    I tried the TM several times. Based on the rings and tones, I believe it
                    to be a fax number. Anyone have a voice number or an email address to
                    TM? Thanks.
                    Rich