Re: [BackpackingLight] Hiking With Martha Stewart

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1 3:40 PM
      PS, I know that Sanford was a self-alleged hiker and a liar at that (not to
      mention other lies).

      On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 5:35 PM, Roleigh Martin <marti124@...> wrote:

      > http://www.backpacker.com/martha_stewart_hikes/blogs/daily_dirt/1262
      >
      > We now have another celebrity avid hiker to add to our informal list of
      > celebrity hikers. Does this list include Gov. Sanford?
      >

      > Sent to you by Roleigh Martin via Google Reader:
      >

      > Hiking With Martha Stewart<http://www.backpacker.com/martha_stewart_hikes/blogs/daily_dirt/1262>
      > via Backpacker Magazine Blogs - backpacker.com<http://www.backpacker.com/blogs/>on 9/1/09
      >
      > Lifestyle guru and professed 'avid hiker' Martha Stewart chooses Acadia
      > National Park for her stomping grounds
      >

      > Things you can do from here:
      >
      > - Subscribe to Backpacker Magazine Blogs - backpacker.com<http://www.google.com/reader/view/feed%2Fhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.backpacker.com%2Fblogs%2Fblog_rss%2F?source=email>using
      > *Google Reader*
      > - Get started using Google Reader<http://www.google.com/reader/?source=email>to easily keep up with
      > *all your favorite sites*

    • Ima Person
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2 2:27 PM
        and what does this have to do with the John Muir Trail?

        We now have another celebrity avid hiker to add to our informal list of
        celebrity hikers. Does this list include Gov. Sanford?

        Sent to you by Roleigh Martin via Google Reader: Hiking With Martha
        Stewart via Backpacker Magazine Blogs - backpacker.com on 9/1/09
        Lifestyle guru and professed 'avid hiker' Martha Stewart chooses Acadia
        National Park for her stomping grounds
        Things you can do from here:
        - Subscribe to Backpacker Magazine Blogs - backpacker.com using Google
        Reader
        favorite sites

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2 2:35 PM
          Ima, we had a thread going on which celebrities have we seen on the JMT, and naturally being celebrity focused, we compared celebrities on the JMT versus other trails (eg, CEO of Whole foods has done the AT).  The list of celebrities on the JMT seems to be limited to members of this group.

          The owner of the Arizona Diamondbacks did the entire PCT a couple of years ago, Joe Valesko of Zpacks referenced him, and of course that includes the JMT (most of it).

          Do you have any heard, read, or experienced names to add?

          It's just a fun thread for some of us.