Re: [John Muir Trail] message from the moderator

  • Barbara Burns
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
      Dan,
      Welcome back!  I have continually appreciated the value and uniqueness of this group and am grateful for your having initiated it.  Sounds like your life if full and satisfying and I wish you Happy Trails, as well!  Ah, the beloved Sierras . . . quite the bonding force, are they not?
      Karpani

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
        Update on moderator and format issues.

        I'm working with Dan, Roleigh and anyone else expressing an interest
        to make some of the adjustments we've discussed. They may not happen
        immediately, but they should happen fairly soon. We won't do anything
        radical without giving people a "heads up" in advance. And I don't see
        any potential change that can't be reversed if it causes a problem.

        I've already expressed my gratitude to Dan (directly) for bringing
        this group to life. Here, I'd just like to say that I think ALL
        members of this group deserve considerable credit for taking what Dan
        started so many years ago and continuing to give it life.

        If anyone has a concern or a issue that they want to express to me
        privately, rather than by a posting, you can reply by private e-mail
        or give me a call.

        San Francisco, CA 94114-3707
        415-648-9279
      • Nube Brown
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
          I agree...a big thanks to all who have shared their enthusiasm, love and time. I am grateful to be able to contribute and receive. This group has helped so much while I planned my first hike on the JMT this year- a brief account coming soon. And being that I am low techie, I thank all of you who are managing the changes about to take place- I've got smiles for you on the sidelines.
          In gratitude, Nube