Re: [John Muir Trail] message from the moderator

  • Sim Ong
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 31, 2009
      Yeah, welcome back to this group.

      --- On Mon, 8/31/09, dvbraun <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      From: dvbraun <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [John Muir Trail] message from the moderator
      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, August 31, 2009, 9:26 PM

      Hey All. Yes I do exist and I am sorry to be way out of touch. I have done my best over the last decade to manage memberships, delete spam, etc..What I feel the worst about is not posting about our beloved Sierra/JMT in years. As an owner of two Sierra companies ( a guide service and hotel) I still get out on the trail but not like I used to, especially since starting a family. Anyway, I appreciate John and others reaching out to me and we will be adding moderators. Happy trails to all and i look forward to re-engaging with the group.

      Best, dan braun

    • Nube Brown
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
        Sounds like you have a life- and a good one! Welcome back and thanks for all you've done...
        Nube

        Hey All. Yes I do exist and I am sorry to be way out of touch. I have done my best over the last decade to manage memberships, delete spam, etc..What I feel the worst about is not posting about our beloved Sierra/JMT in years. As an owner of two Sierra companies ( a guide service and hotel) I still get out on the trail but not like I used to, especially since starting a family. Anyway, I appreciate John and others reaching out to me and we will be adding moderators. Happy trails to all and i look forward to re-engaging with the group.
        Best, dan braun

      • Barbara Burns
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
          Dan,
          Welcome back!  I have continually appreciated the value and uniqueness of this group and am grateful for your having initiated it.  Sounds like your life if full and satisfying and I wish you Happy Trails, as well!  Ah, the beloved Sierras . . . quite the bonding force, are they not?
          Karpani

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
            Update on moderator and format issues.

            I'm working with Dan, Roleigh and anyone else expressing an interest
            to make some of the adjustments we've discussed. They may not happen
            immediately, but they should happen fairly soon. We won't do anything
            radical without giving people a "heads up" in advance. And I don't see
            any potential change that can't be reversed if it causes a problem.

            I've already expressed my gratitude to Dan (directly) for bringing
            this group to life. Here, I'd just like to say that I think ALL
            members of this group deserve considerable credit for taking what Dan
            started so many years ago and continuing to give it life.

            If anyone has a concern or a issue that they want to express to me
            privately, rather than by a posting, you can reply by private e-mail
            or give me a call.

            San Francisco, CA 94114-3707
            415-648-9279
          • Nube Brown
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
              I agree...a big thanks to all who have shared their enthusiasm, love and time. I am grateful to be able to contribute and receive. This group has helped so much while I planned my first hike on the JMT this year- a brief account coming soon. And being that I am low techie, I thank all of you who are managing the changes about to take place- I've got smiles for you on the sidelines.
              In gratitude, Nube