message from the moderator

  • dvbraun
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 31 9:26 PM
      Hey All. Yes I do exist and I am sorry to be way out of touch. I have done my best over the last decade to manage memberships, delete spam, etc..What I feel the worst about is not posting about our beloved Sierra/JMT in years. As an owner of two Sierra companies ( a guide service and hotel) I still get out on the trail but not like I used to, especially since starting a family. Anyway, I appreciate John and others reaching out to me and we will be adding moderators. Happy trails to all and i look forward to re-engaging with the group.
      Best, dan braun
    • Barbara Karagosian
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 31 10:15 PM
        Welcome back and it's great to hear from you. I'm very grateful you
        started this in the first place! Many thanks , Barbara

        Sent from my iPhone.

        On Aug 31, 2009, at 9:26 PM, dvbraun <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        > Hey All. Yes I do exist and I am sorry to be way out of touch. I
        > have done my best over the last decade to manage memberships, delete
        > spam, etc..What I feel the worst about is not posting about our
        > beloved Sierra/JMT in years. As an owner of two Sierra companies ( a
        > guide service and hotel) I still get out on the trail but not like I
        > used to, especially since starting a family. Anyway, I appreciate
        > John and others reaching out to me and we will be adding moderators.
        > Happy trails to all and i look forward to re-engaging with the group.
        > Best, dan braun

      • Sim Ong
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 31 11:07 PM
          Yeah, welcome back to this group.

          Hey All. Yes I do exist and I am sorry to be way out of touch. I have done my best over the last decade to manage memberships, delete spam, etc..What I feel the worst about is not posting about our beloved Sierra/JMT in years. As an owner of two Sierra companies ( a guide service and hotel) I still get out on the trail but not like I used to, especially since starting a family. Anyway, I appreciate John and others reaching out to me and we will be adding moderators. Happy trails to all and i look forward to re-engaging with the group.

          Best, dan braun

        • Nube Brown
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
            Sounds like you have a life- and a good one! Welcome back and thanks for all you've done...
            Nube

            Hey All. Yes I do exist and I am sorry to be way out of touch. I have done my best over the last decade to manage memberships, delete spam, etc..What I feel the worst about is not posting about our beloved Sierra/JMT in years. As an owner of two Sierra companies ( a guide service and hotel) I still get out on the trail but not like I used to, especially since starting a family. Anyway, I appreciate John and others reaching out to me and we will be adding moderators. Happy trails to all and i look forward to re-engaging with the group.
            Best, dan braun

          • Barbara Burns
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
              Dan,
              Welcome back!  I have continually appreciated the value and uniqueness of this group and am grateful for your having initiated it.  Sounds like your life if full and satisfying and I wish you Happy Trails, as well!  Ah, the beloved Sierras . . . quite the bonding force, are they not?
              Karpani

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
                Update on moderator and format issues.

                I'm working with Dan, Roleigh and anyone else expressing an interest
                to make some of the adjustments we've discussed. They may not happen
                immediately, but they should happen fairly soon. We won't do anything
                radical without giving people a "heads up" in advance. And I don't see
                any potential change that can't be reversed if it causes a problem.

                I've already expressed my gratitude to Dan (directly) for bringing
                this group to life. Here, I'd just like to say that I think ALL
                members of this group deserve considerable credit for taking what Dan
                started so many years ago and continuing to give it life.

                If anyone has a concern or a issue that they want to express to me
                privately, rather than by a posting, you can reply by private e-mail
                or give me a call.

                San Francisco, CA 94114-3707
                415-648-9279
              • Nube Brown
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
                  I agree...a big thanks to all who have shared their enthusiasm, love and time. I am grateful to be able to contribute and receive. This group has helped so much while I planned my first hike on the JMT this year- a brief account coming soon. And being that I am low techie, I thank all of you who are managing the changes about to take place- I've got smiles for you on the sidelines.
                  In gratitude, Nube