Glacier Glasses

  • jonhartsel
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2009
      Just finished a great hike from VVR-Whitney Portal, just a word of advice to JMT hikers with light sensitive eyes. After several days of climbing over sunshine-drenched white granite passes, my sunglasses weren't enough to keep my eyes from burning from the reflected glare. I placed duct tape all over the glasses to reduce the amount of light hitting the cornea. Ended up removing it since the rather significant storm front that moved in over the past 2 days made this unnecessary, but regardless next time I will bring glacier glasses, and I would suggest others to consider this as well.