Re: Section hiking the JMT

  • Loren <lmauch22@attbi.com>
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2003
      If you are looking for a shorter hike starting and ending on the West
      side, you might consider a loop starting a Edison lake and ending an
      Florence Lake. I have always had good luck catching a ride between
      this two lakes. Marie Lakes is a very nice lake basin. There is a
      seasonal ferry across both Edison and Florence lakes.

      On the East side you should consider Duck Pass to Bishop pass. This
      is a longer trip but covers lots of beautiful including Muir Pass.
      The trailheads are easily accessible.

      Let me know if you would like more info.