Re: [John Muir Trail] mosquito report

  • targetdoggmechanic
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009
      Just got back from a 17 day trip, There were mosquitos everywhere by the swarm. Deet only helped keep from biting, but still annoying. I used Ben's 100% and REI jungle juice, and repel 40%. Nothing seemed to keep them from swarming around me and attacking my face and eyes. According to the rangers, expect at least 2 more weeks of this.