Transportation

  • alexyera
    Message 1 of 38 , Dec 30, 2002
      Does anyone know if there is any kind of transportation (Bus, Rail,
      anything) to Lone Pine or Bishop?

      I'm planning my thru-hike of th JMT for next summer and can't seem
      to find anything. I remember there used to be at least greyhound a
      couple of years ago. Did all of this stop??

      Thanks,

      Alex.
      http://www.thehiker.com
    • Paul Fretheim
      Message 38 of 38 , Apr 6 4:28 AM

        The fare for us to drive you to Tuolomne is $280 and to the Valley $400 for up to 2 persons. It takes 5 to 5-1/2 hours.

        Thank you for your interest in our services.

        Paul Fretheim
        East Side Sierra Shuttle
        paul@...
        760-878-8047
        http://eastsidesierrashuttle.com

        Sent from my Nexus 7

        On Apr 5, 2014 3:14 PM, <marcellingson@...> wrote:

        Hey all am planning sobo thru hike for this summer.  Logistically, I think it will be easier for me to drive out instead of fly.  I would prefer to leave car at the finish (lone pine). What is the easiest route to get to Yosemite from here? We start the hike on a Tuesday and it looks like there are some buses to either Mammoth or Lee Vining.

        Thanks