Toulamne Meadows Post Office/Store Information

  • daharmattan1
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3 12:47 PM
      Hey,
      Does anyone know the hours of operation for the Toulamne Meadows Post office? In addition, does the store there carry canister fuel suitable for use with a Pocket Rocket stove? Thanks!
    • ulhiker1@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3 12:56 PM
        Post Office hours are 9-5 M-F & 9-12 on Sat. Store usually carries canisters that you need.
        Jim
        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3 12:59 PM
          Store phone number is 209-372-8428. Check with them to make sure.
          Jim
          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

          Does anyone know the hours of operation for the Toulamne Meadows Post office? In addition, does the store there carry canister fuel suitable for use with a Pocket Rocket stove? Thanks!

        • mbeilfuss
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 4 7:33 AM
            I think it depends on who is working. Got there at like 2 during the week and there was a sign that said "out to lunch back in 15 minutes" or something to that effect. (This was 2 summers ago). After waiting around for about an hour, then pestering the guys in the store, they told me to go around back and call some guy's name. He didn't come right away, but finally after waiting around for 2 1/2 hours (we were dealing with other issues as well) some shaggy looking dude appeared in the post office. He looked like he just woke up, or maybe he just finished smoking something, i don't know. But it looked like he couldn't be bothered. Hopefully he isn't working there anymore. It was nerve wracking as the 5 o'clock closing time kept getting closer, but the po wasn't opening and the guys in the store were too busy to help.
            Anyone else have problems like that at the Toulumne PO?