Re: [John Muir Trail] Trash

  • sntrekker@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2009
                MTR will accept the responsibility for packing out  trash of hikers who use the Ranch resupply service.........

      Patt

      From: Ken <nekeel@...>
      Subject: [John Muir Trail] Trash
      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 11:00 PM

                        Hi All,

      Hiking from Onion Valley to Reds Meadow starting 8/16 with a resupply at MTR.  Does anyone know if MTR will allow me to throw out my trash from  the Kearsarge to MTR leg or will I have to haul it to Reds along with the resupply that I pick up at MTR?

      Also, has anyone hiked Onion Valley to Reds recently?  Any info on mosquitos, weather, trail condition, water status would be greatly appreciate.

      Thanks for all the info. that everyone provides.

      Ken