Re: [John Muir Trail] Footwear - heavier vs lighter

    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 2, 2009
      I should add one more advantage I perceive about boots.

      With boots and trekking poles I find that I have to watch the trail
      less intently. I glance down at it every few seconds, but my eyes
      tend mostly to be scanning the middle and far distance.

      With just shoes on rough ground, I find myself being required to watch
      the trail footing more carefully and I think I tend to miss animal
      sightings, wildflowers and the wonderful long views.

      San Francisco, CA 94114-3707
      415-648-9279