Trash

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2009
      Hi All,

      Hiking from Onion Valley to Reds Meadow starting 8/16 with a resupply at MTR. Does anyone know if MTR will allow me to throw out my trash from the Kearsarge to MTR leg or will I have to haul it to Reds along with the resupply that I pick up at MTR?

      Also, has anyone hiked Onion Valley to Reds recently? Any info on mosquitos, weather, trail condition, water status would be greatly appreciate.

      Thanks for all the info. that everyone provides.

      Ken

    • song95139@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2009
        Hi Ken,

        Just put your trash in their trash bucket at MTR.  They will take it out.

        Water is plentiful, mosquitoes are plentiful near waters at lower elevation, high elevation virtually non existence.

        Passes are clear with patches at Forester but you are not going there.

        Enjoy your hike.

        Sim

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2009
          My experience Pinchot Pass to MTR RT the same as Sim's. And you can
          leave trash in your resupply bucket at MTR no problem.

          San Francisco, CA 94114-3707
          415-648-9279

        • sntrekker@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2009
                      MTR will accept the responsibility for packing out  trash of hikers who use the Ranch resupply service.........

            Patt