mosquito report

  • clairehiker
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2009
      How are the mosquitos now? Anyone have a report?
    • song95139@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2009
        Mosquitoes everywhere near water.   Wallace Creek, Wright Creek, Tyndall Creek, Vidette Meadows.  They are lighter at McClure Ranger Station area.  Non existence at higher elevation, Sapphire Lake, Wanda Lake.

        How are the mosquitos now? Anyone have a report?

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2009
          I had similar experiences on the Muir trail Ranch to Pinchot Pass
          stretch last week.

          Lots of mosquitoes near meadows and creeks. But even a little wind,
          or higher elevations, pretty well eliminated the problem. Campsites
          on slabs were fine because enough breeze would keep the mosquitos
          away. I think I slept every night with the mosquito netting left
          open.

          San Francisco, CA 94114-3707
          415-648-9279

          On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 10:32 PM, <song95139@...> wrote:

          > Mosquitoes everywhere near water.   Wallace Creek, Wright Creek, Tyndall
          > Creek, Vidette Meadows.  They are lighter at McClure Ranger Station area.
          > Non existence at higher elevation, Sapphire Lake, Wanda Lake.
        • targetdoggmechanic
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009
            Just got back from a 17 day trip, There were mosquitos everywhere by the swarm. Deet only helped keep from biting, but still annoying. I used Ben's 100% and REI jungle juice, and repel 40%. Nothing seemed to keep them from swarming around me and attacking my face and eyes. According to the rangers, expect at least 2 more weeks of this.