Re: [John Muir Trail] ride up to florence lake end of august- any chance?

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31 8:15 AM
      I agree with another poster's suggestion about use of Piute Pass. You'd
      miss only a few (relatively uninteresting) miles of the JMT and by that
      route you would start and end on the east side. I have had quite good luck
      hitch-hiking on the eastern side of the Sierras. People over there seem to
      like backpackers.

      San Francisco, CA 94114-3707