Re: [John Muir Trail] Fuel Availability at TM?

    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 31, 2009
      When I was there last year, TM had only the 220 gram canisters for use in my
      JetBoil, not the 110 gram that I prefer. The problem with any of the
      resupply points is that they can't anticipate demand and may run out of
      things when you need them. Particularly acute at TM after popular weekends.

      You could send your main resupply to TM by Priority Mail and a small second
      package by ground, following the PO requirements for shipping the canisters.

      San Francisco, CA 94114-3707
      415-648-9279

      On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 9:01 PM, Rich Ehli <richehli@...> wrote:

      > Is that the consensus of this group?
      >
      > ascalamonti wrote:
      > >

      > > At any rate, I've been told on this message board not to count on TM
      > > for fuel canisters, as well as by the clerk in the mountain shop in
      > > the valley.

    • George
      Message 2 of 27 , Aug 3, 2009
        I just sent out my bucket today. It weighed 20lbs. and cost $45 for Priority Mail.

        8-(
      • Peter Burke
        Message 3 of 27 , Aug 3, 2009
          the good news: in case you should for some reason not be able to get to
          pick it up, it will be mailed back to you for free. I just received one
          of our buckets at my house after we had to abort our northbound hike.
          $40 well spent (because the food, lithium batteries and other stuff in
          there is worth a lot more to me)

          George wrote:

          > I just sent out my bucket today. It weighed 20lbs. and cost $45 for
          > Priority Mail.
          >
          > 8-(

        • Bill Plesha
          Message 4 of 27 , Aug 3, 2009
            Boy, I sure hope that isn't all for you to carry:):)
            Bill

            Message 5 of 27 , Aug 3, 2009
              Very True.

              BTW, this was shipped from New Jersey.