Re: [John Muir Trail] Raingear

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2009
      You can renew the waterproofing on the Marmot by putting it in your dryer on
      low heat and just tumbling it on low heat for 30 minutes or so. It really
      helps. Asd you travel, though, water repellency will degrade.

      Just returned from a 12-day sectin hike miles 108 to 160 and back. Rain
      most days and two nights. Longest rain about 3 hours. Sometimes quite
      cold. Seems to be a wet summer.

      I was Ok with the Marmot, tho some moisture got through. I tended to keep
      my fleece layer in a drysack until the rain was over, then put it on to warm
      up.

      San Francisco, CA 94114-3707
      415-648-9279