Re: anybody do the Sugarloaf/cloud canyon/roaring river hike?

  • hmdsierra
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2002
      I was there two years ago. I started from Sunset Mdw. but the ranger
      told me there is less uphill if you start at Horse Corral Mdw. but not
      much. I started around 4 in the afternoon and camped the first night
      a mile or so inside the park boundary. The next day I was at the
      Roaring River Ranger Station. I had planned on going up Deadman
      Canyon and returning via Cloud Canyon. However, there was a little
      more snow than I wanted so I came back down Deadman Canyon. The
      country is nice and you'll enjoy yourself.