anybody do the Sugarloaf/cloud canyon/roaring river hike?

  • andresjsalazar
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2002
      I am going late Sept. through Sunset meadow trailhead through Rowell
      meadow and Seville lake, anybisdy been there?
    • hmdsierra
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 30, 2002
        I was there two years ago. I started from Sunset Mdw. but the ranger
        told me there is less uphill if you start at Horse Corral Mdw. but not
        much. I started around 4 in the afternoon and camped the first night
        a mile or so inside the park boundary. The next day I was at the
        Roaring River Ranger Station. I had planned on going up Deadman
        Canyon and returning via Cloud Canyon. However, there was a little
        more snow than I wanted so I came back down Deadman Canyon. The
        country is nice and you'll enjoy yourself.