Cabin Lake (near Ediza)

  • Rebecca Sowards-Emmerd
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2009
      When I did the JMT in 07 I flew through the TM-Reds stretch in about
      48 hours. It was so beautiful that I want to get back and see it
      again, and this time I'm going to take 5 days/4 nights and take some
      time to enjoy, get off-trail, and fish. We start on Thursday. I have a
      quick question - has anyone camped at Cabin Lake (off trail near
      Shadow Creek/Lake Ediza)? Supposed to be good fishing, and it's not in
      the overly used restricted area. Are there decent sites at that lake
      or should we stick to Ediza and dayhike Cabin for fishing?

      Thanks - R