Heads up on possible freebies ... permit/ campsite

  • dive_hike
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2002
      I have been planning on hiking the JMT solo this summer. Due to a
      brilliant move, I've sprained my knee. Its improving ... slowly,
      but I may need to cancel my trip.

      I have a permit reservation for hiking the trail N to S, starting on
      August 21st from Happy Isles (with Whitney zone included).

      I also have a paid for campsite at Tuolumne Meadows for the night of
      August 21st. My plan was to day hike from the Valley to Tuolumne,
      and spend the night at the campground. I've done this before, and
      you have to be in decent shape (about 24 miles).

      Right now I am still planning on hiking the trail. Call me an
      optimist! However, if I can't start working out in the next couple
      of weeks, I will cancel.

      If anyone is interested in either the permit or the paid for
      campsite (or both), please send me an email. I will let you know my
      plans by the middle of July, and if I cancel, arrange to snail mail
      you the confirmations.

      Best, Bill