Re: A Great Resource

  • snow_nymph_2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 2002
      We did the JMT last fall in 30 days, and resupplied at Tuolumne,
      Reds Meadow, Muir Ranch and Charlotte Lake. We dropped small
      packages off at the first 2 on the way in, and mailed a bucket to
      Muir Ranch (~$45 + s/h). A friend hiked in to Muir Ranch with our
      fuel, and took out some clothes. Some internet friends brought in
      the last cache to Charlotte Lake. We were climbing Split Mtn on
      9/11 and didn't hear about it til 3 days later. Our friends still
      made the trip, and even brought newspapers to show us what was going
      on!

      We're planning to do it again next fall, but with different side
      trips. We're still planning to stay out for 30 days.

      We put our trip photos on http://www.snow-nymph.com

      Some thoughts for side trips: Mt Lyell, Banner Peak, McGee Lakes out
      of Evolution Valley, Lake South America area....... For those that
      have been out there, any ideas?