A Great Resource

  • kb_haw
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 2002
      Hi. We're planning our JMT hike for next summer. While doing the
      internet search thing, ran across this group. I can see that the
      info/experience here will make our trip a lot easier to plan. Thank
      you. In return I can offer help on Desolation Wilderness and the Tahoe
      Yosemite Trail. I live about an hour from Desolation and go there
      several times a year and did the TYT 2 years ago.

      One of the issues that we are looking for information on is resupply
      in the last half of the JMT for NS hikers. Any
      experiences/info/suggestions would be appreciated.

      Once again thanks.
    • snow_nymph_2000
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 27, 2002
        We did the JMT last fall in 30 days, and resupplied at Tuolumne,
        Reds Meadow, Muir Ranch and Charlotte Lake. We dropped small
        packages off at the first 2 on the way in, and mailed a bucket to
        Muir Ranch (~$45 + s/h). A friend hiked in to Muir Ranch with our
        fuel, and took out some clothes. Some internet friends brought in
        the last cache to Charlotte Lake. We were climbing Split Mtn on
        9/11 and didn't hear about it til 3 days later. Our friends still
        made the trip, and even brought newspapers to show us what was going
        on!

        We're planning to do it again next fall, but with different side
        trips. We're still planning to stay out for 30 days.

        We put our trip photos on http://www.snow-nymph.com

        Some thoughts for side trips: Mt Lyell, Banner Peak, McGee Lakes out
        of Evolution Valley, Lake South America area....... For those that
        have been out there, any ideas?