A piece of the trail

  • snow_nymph_2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2002
      I was on the Duck Pass trail this weekend, and was looking down at a
      meadow. In the past, everytime we saw that meadow, we though "we
      should try to hike down there sometime"......

      After looking at the Silver Divide, we realized we walked thru that
      meadow when we did the JMT last fall! Its such a good feeling
      seeing places you've been from above!

      We're planning to do the JMT again in 2003, but with different side
      trips. Right now we're thinking about Mt Lyell, Banner Peak, Mott
      Lake, Frozen Lake Pass, Lake South America, or .........any
      suggestions for "must see" areas?

      Snow Nymph
      http://www.snow-nymph.com
    • lostimnot
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 29, 2002
        Hi. For sidetrips you might consider exploring the basin around Lake
        Marie over towards Lake Italy, Goddard and Black Divide region around
        Evolution Lake, and 60 Lake Basin west of Rae Lakes. BTW your JMT
        pictures are great. Bob Richey