Greetings!

  • reallyoldbastard
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2009
      I have been a long time member of this group, but haven't jumped in and joined the conversation until now. I hiked the John Muir Trail south bound back in 1980, and have a goal to hike again in 2010 -- 30 years later.

      I remain active, hiking and mountain biking, but over the past 10 years, I've only managed one backpacking trip per year. That's changing this year.

      At this point, I don't have any friends recruited. I'm not interested in hiking the entire thing solo, so one of my first steps will be to find some like-minded cohorts with the time, energy and motivation to join me for at least part of the trip.

      I've got a lot of preparation to do in the next year, and look forward to being an ACTIVE participant in the group. I'll gladly share my own experiences, and I'm sure I'll be asking a fair share of questions, too.

      Greetings!

      Jeff from San Clemente