Leaving a car at the portal

  • targetdoggmechanic
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2 10:14 PM
      Im sure this has been asked before, but here it goes...

      Anyone experienced with leaving a car at the portal for the duration of a thru hike of the JMT? My plan is to tow a car to the portal to leave there, and have my truck at YV. When I'm done the plan is to pick up my truck and drive back home. Im curious if the WP people allow this and who I need to talk to over there to arrange it (or just let them know). Also, where to leave it at. I know about cleaning it all out of scented stuff. I know hitch hiking is an option, but I have one of those RV tow-bar thingies that will tow my car wherever I want to take it. Besides, the wife doesnt really like the idea of hitching, seen wrong turn or deliverance one too many times.
    • targetdoggmechanic
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 11 5:39 PM
        How would I go about leaving a car at WP in the middle of the night? Just park in the lower lot and head to Yosemite? Where specifically? Who could I contact to arrange this in advance? Thanks for your help!