Vermillion Valley Resort

  • dive_hike
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5, 2002
      Alex,

      The owners at VVR are very friendly and helpful. I believe they
      will mail packages for you (for a small charge). I would call them
      to verify this service.

      They have a web page: www.edisonlake.com

      And their phone number is:
      Resort Phone: (559) 259-4000 (seasonal)
      Office Phone: (559) 855-6558 (off-season)

      I used them for resupply for a through hike in '98. Very friendly.
      We actually rented a room and it made for a nice break! One small
      complaint - we decided to take the ferry back to the trail. Because
      of the crowd, we ended up on the second ferry trip and didn't start
      hiking until close to 11 AM! At least we had a nice breakfast ...

      Hope this helps.
      Best, Bill
    • alexyera
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 5, 2002
        Bill,

        Thanks a lot for the info. I called them and they were indeed
        extremely helpful!

        Regarding the ferry, I'll keep that in mind to get there early!

        Thanks,

        Alex.
      • tubirrb
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1 10:56 AM
          website: http://www.edisonlake.com

          Actually, V V R is 5-1/2 miles off the PCT and 20 miles south of
          Red's Meadow. There are two ways to reach it. The harder way is to
          take the approximately 1 mile trail to Edison Landing and its 4-1/2
          mile continuation around the lake to the resort. The easier way is to
          hike the 1 mile to Edison Landing and take the shuttle boat ($9 one
          way)to the resort. Boats leave VVR at 9:00am and 4:00pm; the same
          boats leave Edison Landing at 9:45am and 4:45pm, or whenever loaded.
          Resupply boxes cost $15 here.

          Your only other (reasonable) re-supply option is Muir Trail Ranch, 21
          miles south of VVR and about 3/4 mile off the PCT. Their website is
          http://www.muirtrailranch.com/resupply.html You can not get anything
          but a resupply box there and the cost is $45.

          Wandering Bob
        • Don
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 20, 2012
            Bill, the webmaster for VVR just posted this on the PCT board. It might be useful to some of you trying to plan your JMT hike. Some of it's repeat info some new.
            ----------------------------------
            You can now interact with VVR in many ways:

            1. On our website at http://www.edisonlake.com
            We have a lot of information there for the PCT/JMT hiker,
            including everything you need to know for resupply at VVR, as well as
            information on our shuttle between VVR, MTR (Florence Lake), or Mono Hot Springs and Fresno (where you can catch further transportation out into the world).
            2. Long term questions, coordination, etc can be asked and answered on our message boards at http://www.edisonlake.com/message-boards.
            3. On our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/vvr.edisonlake
            We monitor this CONSTANTLY - so questions are answered there fairly quickly.
            4. On our twitter feed at http://twitter.com/vvr
            5. Via email at info@...
            6. Via phone at 559-259-4000

            Finally - I do monitor this list, and if you mention VVR, my email
            filters will bring it to my attention. So, you can rest assured that if you ask something about VVR that nobody on the list can answer, I will eventually address it on this list. But, if it's critical, please consider using one of the other ways to contact us.

            Thanks - and enjoy your hikes this year!

            Bill Richardson
            Webmaster, VVR
          • Joe MacLeish
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 20, 2012

              Jim at VVR replied to a Facebook question I sent him.  I asked if they would be open mid May.

              Vermilion Valley Resort Hi Joe, Jim and a skeleton crew will be in working on the bath-house and repairing the roof of the motel (where the tree went through this winter). I will check with him when he gets back this weekend and we'll follow up with you - but we can probably pick up supply boxes. Are JMT hikers heading out early this year?