Re: [John Muir Trail] Using bear canisters

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 28, 2009
      And I should have added. The kinds of foods you plan to buy are the kind of
      things they carry. Your only hazard (assuming that you call them and they
      confirm they will be open) is that they could be sold out of something you
      feel is necessary.

      Worst case - they don't have enuf food and you take the bus to Yos valley,
      buy food there (big store) and resume your hike from the Valley. You could
      probably even find a place to sleep in the Valley backpackers campground.

      San Francisco, CA 94114-3707
      415-648-9279 (voice and fax)