Transportation to Whitney Portal (from LA area)

  • dive_hike
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22 4:16 PM
      Greetings All!

      I will be soloing the JMT, south to north, starting around Aug
      19th. If anyone is planning on driving to Whitney portal in mid-
      August, please let me know ... I will pay gas for a ride! Getting
      back from Yosemite is fairly easy. I live in Orange County.

      I have enjoyed reading the messages on this thread. I through hiked
      the JMT (North to South) in 1998 (following the El Nino winter) and
      it was an incredible experience.

      Best to all.
      Bill