Re: 395 transportation

  • snow_nymph_2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 16, 2002
      Last fall after hiking the JMT we used our thumbs.

      Got a ride from Whitney Portal to Lone Pine, Lone Pine to Bishop,
      Bishop to Mammoth (all the way to our vehicles at the Mammoth Mtn
      Inn). We called a couple of shuttle services but they wanted $200
      and we would have to wait 2+ hrs to be picked up. For the waiting
      time and price, we stuck our thumbs out and got picked up within 5
      minutes.
    • sierramel
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2002
        --- In johnmuirtrail@y..., "lostimnot" <richey35@c...> wrote:
        > Now that the Greyhound no longer runs up and down 395, what are the
        > options for public transportation out of Bishop or Lone Pine?

        Stop me if you've heard this.

        E-mail: Sierramel@...

        I have all the latest new shuttle schedules for N & S US 395, as well
        as phone #'s for KK, etc.

        JMT Backcountry Resource Page:

        www.qnet.com/~sierramel/
      • jerry92103
        Message 3 of 5 , May 4, 2002
          Thanks for listing the webpage. I had it bookmarked a long time ago
          but lost it.

          Jerry