395 transportation

  • lostimnot
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 12, 2002
      Now that the Greyhound no longer runs up and down 395, what are the
      options for public transportation out of Bishop or Lone Pine?
    • ndeewoods
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 15, 2002
        I used Kountry Korners shuttle service. White Mtn ranger District has
        the number, I have lost it...
        Dee
        --- In johnmuirtrail@y..., "lostimnot" <richey35@c...> wrote:
        > Now that the Greyhound no longer runs up and down 395, what are the
        > options for public transportation out of Bishop or Lone Pine?
      • snow_nymph_2000
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 16, 2002
          Last fall after hiking the JMT we used our thumbs.

          Got a ride from Whitney Portal to Lone Pine, Lone Pine to Bishop,
          Bishop to Mammoth (all the way to our vehicles at the Mammoth Mtn
          Inn). We called a couple of shuttle services but they wanted $200
          and we would have to wait 2+ hrs to be picked up. For the waiting
          time and price, we stuck our thumbs out and got picked up within 5
          minutes.
        • sierramel
          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2002
            --- In johnmuirtrail@y..., "lostimnot" <richey35@c...> wrote:
            > Now that the Greyhound no longer runs up and down 395, what are the
            > options for public transportation out of Bishop or Lone Pine?

            Stop me if you've heard this.

            E-mail: Sierramel@...

            I have all the latest new shuttle schedules for N & S US 395, as well
            as phone #'s for KK, etc.

            JMT Backcountry Resource Page:

            www.qnet.com/~sierramel/
          • jerry92103
            Message 5 of 5 , May 4, 2002
              Thanks for listing the webpage. I had it bookmarked a long time ago
              but lost it.

              Jerry