How To De-Stink Your Backpack [feedly]

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2014
      We all have to clean our gear when we get home from our JMT hike but the backpack is often a hard one to clean.  (Tents too if you live in an apartment).

      This is a great article on dealing with the backpack.

      How To De-Stink Your Backpack
      http://www.thegearcaster.com/2014/08/how-to-de-stink-your-backpack.html

      --
       via my feedly.com reader
    • ravi_jmt2013
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 30, 2014
        For the ULA Circuit (and probably other ULA and similar packs), what works well is to remove the hoop suspension and metal stay, then wash in the largest front loading machine in a laundromat. Normal powdered detrgent like Tide. It air dries quickly, even overnight in a motel but quicker in direct sun. I just did this before flying home to have a socially acceptable piece of luggage to carry on the plane.
      • berdomb
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 30, 2014
          Just put warm soapy water in tub, and swish pack sound some. Let it soak if like. Rinse same way a few times with cold water, hang to dry. No need to dissasemble.