lightweight shelters with bath tub floors

  • donbushek
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 23, 2014

      Last year's use of a Megamid with polycro ground sheet did not meet with my wife's approval, largely because of the possibility of rain water entering over the ground sheet.  I, on the other hand, appreciated the Megamid's space/ weight ration and thought it was a good tradeoff against the less-than-perfect ground sheet.

      Since I want nothing more than to make my wife happy, I am looking for a lightest-weight tarp shelter alternatives to the Megamid that have a bath tub floor.

      Any suggestions?

      Don

    • eric moss
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 23, 2014
        Here's what I've gone with, since I like a lot of room:

        http://www.tarptent.com/cloudburst3.html

        It's plenty light enough for me, at least.

        On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 10:04 PM, moe@... [johnmuirtrail] <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Last year's use of a Megamid with polycro ground sheet did not meet with my wife's approval, largely because of the possibility of rain water entering over the ground sheet.  I, on the other hand, appreciated the Megamid's space/ weight ration and thought it was a good tradeoff against the less-than-perfect ground sheet.

        Since I want nothing more than to make my wife happy, I am looking for a lightest-weight tarp shelter alternatives to the Megamid that have a bath tub floor.

        Any suggestions?

        Don

      • Wayne Fenton
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 23, 2014

          I'm using a Tarp Tent double rainbow. My wife approves of this! We're setting off on the JMT this Friday 29th. It's a single skin tarp style tent. Good space for a couple and light, but I'm guessing not ad light as your mid. Worth a look?

        • Shawn Peterson

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 23, 2014
              I should add that I'm 6'-3", so plenty of interior length is another requirement.Don
            • scoutmaster1006
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 23, 2014

                I don’t know if this is one you’d be interested in or not but here it is anyway...GoLite is touting a new tent – Imogene Ultralight 2 person tent which they say is 84 inches interior length and the weight is listed as 2 bs 8 oz or 2 lbs 11 oz when packed.
                There are other tents and shelters available on their website which is http://www.golite.com/Imogene-Ultralight-2-Person-Tent-P47236.aspx
                Mike

                Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2014 7:55 PM
                Subject: [John Muir Trail] Re: lightweight shelters with bath tub floors

                I should add that I'm 6'-3", so plenty of interior length is another requirement.Don