Red's Meadow Resupply Confirmation

  • patzilch
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 12, 2014

      I am just wondering if I should be receiving any type of confirmation that Red's Meadow has received my $35 payment I sent them. I am going to be sending my resupply here soon and haven't heard anything. I guess I could always call them but just wanted to check here first.

      Thanks,

      Patrick

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 12, 2014
        I'd be interested in the experience with others. I've found them a trifle lax on confirmations. So I wouldn't get super-concerned you don't have one yet.

        On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 5:00 PM, zilchp@... [johnmuirtrail] <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        I am just wondering if I should be receiving any type of confirmation that Red's Meadow has received my $35 payment I sent them. I am going to be sending my resupply here soon and haven't heard anything. I guess I could always call them but just wanted to check here first.

        Thanks,

        Patrick

      • Peter Hirst
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 12, 2014
           "I guess I could always call them but just wanted to check here first."  Why?  This is not a rhetorical question. I would really like to understand this.  The more I participate here and other such forums, the more curious this approach becomes.  I suppose it is a tribute to confidence in this group or something, but I can't help wondering why putting questions like this, e.g. is Tioga Road open, can I leave a box at the  Tuolumne post office, what time does the Wilderness office open, is there a shuttle from MTR, are directed to secondary (at best) sources like this  first, rather than the primary sources.  Makes me want to use LMGTFY until I wear it out.

        • Peter Hirst
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 12, 2014
            I had the same question last year.  I called them.  They told me.

            On Aug 12, 2014, at 5:18 PM, John Ladd johnladd@... [johnmuirtrail] wrote:

            I'd be interested in the experience with others. I've found them a trifle lax on confirmations. So I wouldn't get super-concerned you don't have one yet.

          • Steve Eddy
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 12, 2014

              Why ask questions here:
              1. Access to a wealth of information and experience
              2. It may give the phone answerer at reds a break.from answering the same question over and over again.

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 12, 2014
                As a broad principle, I  understand,  But "Did you receive my $35 " does not require "a wealth of experience", it requires one fact that none of us have.

                But I did not ask "Why ask questions here".  I asked, why come here first for simple facts rather than to the primary source?

                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 13, 2014

                    I don't believe I have ever received any confirmation of payment from Reds.

                    MTR has always confirmed payment.

                    Bruce

                  • kennethjessett@sbcglobal.net
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 13, 2014
                      Interesting fact about Reds - not to do with resupply - is that the concession owner has 5 more years to run on his 20 year concession and then it is up for grabs. The concession owner has to cover all costs associated with the resort including rebuilding any facilities that may be damaged through the winter. The resort is only open during the brief summer because the road to it is not plowed. All income has to be generated during that period and thus the costs of everything there are quite high. Just some little titbits (or as the Americans prefer to say 'tidbits'). :-)Ken.