Water from kearsage pass/bullfrog lake to Whitney portal?

  • marcjmt@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 22, 2014

      Just got a permit to join jmt from kearsage pass and was wondering how the water supply is in the lakes and creeks?
      Marc

      Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

    • Peter Hirst
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 23, 2014
        Hey did ya get the WHitney exit with that permit?

        On Jul 22, 2014, at 10:24 PM, 'marcjmt@...' marcjmt@... [johnmuirtrail] wrote:

        Just got a permit to join jmt from kearsage pass and was wondering how the water supply is in the lakes and creeks?
        Marc

        Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

      • nouglyoneyet
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 23, 2014
          The "trickles" mentioned in Wenk's book are all dried up, but there's plenty of water in the major streams & lakes. We went over Kearsarge last week, then south to Upper Vidette Meadow. No issues with water at all - but LOTS of mosquitoes!
          Leslie
        • Paul Fretheim
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 23, 2014

            Good supply. Maybe one creek between Tyndall and Wallace is running low.

            On Jul 22, 2014 10:24 PM, "'marcjmt@...' marcjmt@... [johnmuirtrail]" <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            Just got a permit to join jmt from kearsage pass and was wondering how the water supply is in the lakes and creeks?
            Marc

            Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

          • Luis Velasco
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 23, 2014
              Marc,

              I was up there (Onion Valley to Kearsarge Pass) last weekend.  While the snow was quite minimal the water was plentiful and the weather outstanding.

              - Luis

              From: "'marcjmt@...' marcjmt@... [johnmuirtrail]" <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com>
              Date: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 at 10:24 PM
              To: "johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com" <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com>
              Subject: [John Muir Trail] Water from kearsage pass/bullfrog lake to Whitney portal?

              Just got a permit to join jmt from kearsage pass and was wondering how the water supply is in the lakes and creeks?
              Marc

              Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

            • Marc Magana