A Glimpse at the Yosemite of the Past

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2009
      Sent to you by Roleigh Martin via Google Reader: A Glimpse at the
      Yosemite of the Past via YosemiteBlog.com by admin on 6/1/09

      Dane sent me a link this weekend via Twitter to this really interesting
      film real from the 1940’s. Yes, they used to feed bears by hand and
      would have nightly shows at the garbage dump with dozens of bears
      clambering for garbage so tourists could see.

      Thanks, Dane.

      Things you can do from here:
      - Subscribe to YosemiteBlog.com using Google Reader
      favorite sites

    • marti124
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2009
        I forgot that this group strips embedded links sometimes. I think this ASCII showing of the link will work.

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DixbB70B7s&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Freader%2Fview%2F%3Ftab%3Dmy&feature=player_embedded

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Roleigh Martin <marti124@...> wrote:

        > Sent to you by Roleigh Martin via Google Reader: A Glimpse at the
        > Yosemite of the Past via YosemiteBlog.com by admin on 6/1/09
        >

        > Dane sent me a link this weekend via Twitter to this really interesting
        > film real from the 1940’s. Yes, they used to feed bears by hand and
        > would have nightly shows at the garbage dump with dozens of bears
        > clambering for garbage so tourists could see.
        >
        > Thanks, Dane.
        >
        > Things you can do from here:
        > - Subscribe to YosemiteBlog.com using Google Reader
        > - Get started using Google Reader to easily keep up with all your
        > favorite sites

      • Barbara Karagosian
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2009
          My in-laws used to feed the bears just like that….

          _____

          I forgot that this group strips embedded links sometimes. I think this ASCII showing of the link will work.

          http://www.youtube <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DixbB70B7s&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Freader%2Fview%2F%3Ftab%3Dmy&feature=player_embedded> com/watch?v=3DixbB70B7s&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Freader%2Fview%2F%3Ftab%3Dmy&feature=player_embedded

          --- In johnmuirtrail@ <mailto:johnmuirtrail%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com, Roleigh Martin <marti124@...> wrote:

          > Sent to you by Roleigh Martin via Google Reader: A Glimpse at the
          > Yosemite of the Past via YosemiteBlog.com by admin on 6/1/09
          >

          > Dane sent me a link this weekend via Twitter to this really interesting
          > film real from the 1940’s. Yes, they used to feed bears by hand and
          > would have nightly shows at the garbage dump with dozens of bears
          > clambering for garbage so tourists could see.
          >
          > Thanks, Dane.
          >
          > Things you can do from here:
          > - Subscribe to YosemiteBlog.com using Google Reader
          > - Get started using Google Reader to easily keep up with all your
          > favorite sites

        • Melody Pilan
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 2, 2009
            Thanks for sharing! That is a great watch!