Re: [John Muir Trail] if you don't bring a tent: mosquito problem?

  • Sam Rohlfs
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 1, 2009
      I usually go late (AUG) and usually below 10,000ft so mosquitos have not
      been a problem. I do have a Bughut from REI which is just a bug screen.
      Only weighs a pound or less. You still need a tarp because it has no
      floor. If the buggers love you, you might consider leaving just your rain
      fly at home. Again, I would hate for you to take my advice and end up
      miserable. I have spent the night with clouds around my face (not in
      Yosemite) and that suck to no end.

      Good luck I'm sure you will have a great time. The Sierras in the
      summer...the best place on earth.