Re: JMT Going Back

  • hmdsierra
    Message 1 of 473 , Nov 7, 2001
      For us JMT was a highlight tour. My son(s) and I
      made many trips in the following years going and
      spending the time in those areas that caught our
      attention. We had a great time spending 2-3 days in an area
      instead of just passing through. By going slow it gave us
      a chance to fish more and see some of those off JMT
      places. One memorable trip was down Fish Ck. to the hot
      springs. Of course, hot springs are always memorable to
      me. In an 8 day trip we would cover about 50 miles
      which gave us plenty of time to take it easy compared
      to doing about 75 on JMT in the same time. I'm sure
      you will have many opportunities to do the same.
      There is a special joy in returning to a place where
      you had a good time before.
    • tiocampo
      Message 473 of 473 , Feb 24, 2002