Viewed from Half Dome

  • song95139
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2009
      Hi JMT'ers,

      I hiked from Wawona Tunnel to HI via Glacier point last weekend to break in my hiking season this year. It was a beautiful weekend with perfect weather. On our last day, we decided to ditch our pack at Nevada Falls area and hike up Half Dome with just a day pack.

      While I was on the top of the Half Dome, I had a good view of the high peaks. From my best estimation, the snow line is at about 9500 feet. I can see Cathedral Peak from a distant and it was still snow covered. I did not run into any hikers coming down from TM. I assumed that Cathedral Pass is still impassable.

      Sim