"it never (almost) rains in the Sierra"

  • medici95014
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2009
      I'm not sure where this is coming from. Yes, I've had 10 days of nary a cloud. But the usual cycle is a couple of cloudless days, followed by a few days of afternoon cloud buildup, followed by a few days of afternoon/evening thunderstorms. Then it starts over again.

      And in late July, August, and early September, you can get storm systems up from the south that hang around for a few days. It's the
      Southwest's monsoon season after all. We had one hang around from
      Forester Pass down to Whitney one year.

      So be prepared for some rain with whatever your shelter of choice
      may be.

      Pete