How much Fuel

  • jagsmaestro
    Message 1 of 49 , Jun 18, 2014

      I know, I should probably be better at math, but in all my years of hiking, I never really have accurately measured how much fuel I burn. I have a JetBoil Zip which seems to be very efficient. And I never cook anything fancy - just boiling water for tea, potatoes, oatmeal, pasta, etc. I like the 100g cans because they fit inside the JetBoil.

      So, any idea on how many of these I will go thru? My trip is 16 days.

    • longritchie
      Message 49 of 49 , Jun 23, 2014
        "You should use what makes you happy."

        I agree with you 100%. Weight is only one consideration.

        I was merely responding to your claim that the Ti Sol is lighter than other canister stoves because it is more fuel efficient. If weight is the primary criterion then perhaps the Ti Sol isn't the best choice. But cost and convenience are factors as well.