Re: [John Muir Trail] Sequoia Kings Packers

    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 5, 2014
      I always, in my emails to Danica, use both the below email address and this one: bernerspack@....

      I will be using them for the 5th year this August.  Sometimes you have to try often and repeatedly.  I think where the pack station is that they're out of contact, not sure.  In my phone book, I note that 760-387-2627 is the number I have had the best luck with.  Their other numbers are 800-962-0775, 760-387-2797, and 760-920-5588 (I list this as a mobile  phone, so I think you could text to this).

      I find the securing of the business deal the hardest thing about doing business with Danica, but once arranged, they've never failed me.  They're out there when they say they will be out there.  I do send a last minute email from Muir Trail Ranch reminding them as well as one before that about 1 week before hike begins making sure they received all packages.

      I'll try and find out why communication with them is difficult, I think it has to do with where their Pack Station is.  I think the phone lines are fine though (at least 1-2 of them).
      _

      On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 11:50 AM, Marjo et ou Denis marjoetdenis@... [johnmuirtrail] <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I have been in contact with them since a couple of days with this address Pinecreekps@...
      Denis

      Le jeudi 5 juin 2014 14h39, "chico_casey2@... [johnmuirtrail]" <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com> a écrit :

      Anybody know if these folks are still actively doing business. The auto e-mail reply says:

      Thanks for your message.  We will answer your message as soon as we can.  For faster response time, please try again if you haven't heard back from us.
      Pine Creek Pack Station and Sequoia Kings Pack Trains

      My e-mail and phone calls not returned for over five weeks.

    • Joe MacLeish
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 5, 2014

        Yes they are in business.  I will be getting a resupply from them in July.  I have been using them for many years.  Also look up berners packers.  They are often out at the barn or in the pasture so keep trying.

        Joe

        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 5, 2014
          I used the e-mail address and phone number that Danica gave to me in person last year.
          Pinecreekps@aol and 760-387-2797.  I was also given the Bernerspack@yahoo.

          Her paperwork indicates that 760-387-2627 is the fax number.

          I may try them again next year, I ended up making other arrangements for this year.

          Roleigh, thanks for the additional information.

        • casey.cox@att.net

              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 5, 2014
                If it would help you, I can email you a copy of the entire permit for you to read.
                Carmen John, Recreation Special Uses
                White Mountain & Mt. Whitney Ranger Districts
                Inyo National Forest

                p: 760-873-2510
                c: 760-920-2492
                f:  760-873-2563

                798 N. Main Street
                Bishop, CA  93514

                Caring for the land and serving people

                On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 7:22 PM, Paul Fretheim <paulfretheim@...> wrote:
[...]

              • Calley Ordoyne
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 30, 2014
                  Roleigh -

                  Just wanted to say thanks for this advice, as well as for the poster who suggested calling at 7am - I just tried the first number you recommended at 7am and got through on the first try!

                  Thanks :)
                  Calley

                  Thu Jun 5, 2014 12:09 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

                  "Roleigh Martin" marti124

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 30, 2014

                      I talked to Danica 2-3 times in the last two weeks.  She had computer and email problems over the last few months and got all caught up last week.  She is actually returning her calls and emails pretty promptly now.  She also said we could use her cell phone if we can't get her on the land line.  Cell is 760 920 5588.

                      Joe