Ride from Fresno/Merced to Yosemite? or Tuolumne? June 10/11

  • endingtheletter
    Message 1 of 38 , May 29, 2014

      Howdy! I'm Chris and I'm about to hike the John Muir Trail!!!!! However, my ride from Fresno had to cancel and now I'm trying to figure how to eventually get to Tuolumne (or get a walk-up permit). Thought I'd reach out to all of you amazing hikers and see if anyone happened to be going that direction. Thanks you're amazing.

    • casey.cox@att.net
      Message 38 of 38 , Jun 8, 2014
        Bruce

        Sorry, I don't operate a shuttle service.  I'll be leaving South Tahoe from Echo Summit shortly after 7/1 heading south to Roads End in SEKI.  Laying over for a couple of days there. then starting out on the first portion of the S.H.R.  Might see you out there.

        Hitching a ride down to or back from Kennedy Mdws. is pretty easy at that time of year.  Lots of tourists, day hikers, and section hikers, both at Kennedy Mdws. restaurant or the parking lot at the trail head.  Are they doing the thru hiker special at Kennedy Mdws. this year?  Think last year it was a shower, laundry, dorm bed, and breakfast(??) for $39.

        ---In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, <bnslebrun@...> wrote :

        Casey,

        I am hiking from Squaw Valley Ski Area to Whitney Portal July 7 - August 9.

        Kennedy Meadows resupply and need a ride to Sonora Pas July 18 (me plus 2).

        Bruce