Re: [John Muir Trail] Rain Gear

  • Marion Davison
    Message 1 of 61 , May 26, 2014
      cdresel@... [johnmuirtrail] wrote:
      > Friends,
      >
      > I'm sure this has come up but I am interested none-the-less on the
      > current trends.

      We use army surplus silnylon ponchos, purchased at local surplus store.
      They cover very well over the pack. We also have coated rain pants
      but only take them when wet weather is predicted.
    • david.terrie
      Message 61 of 61 , May 30, 2016
      Here's a baggie hack that would do in a pinch. I was on Glacier Point on the 24th around noon and there was a nice mix of rain and show. Really cold hands in my fingerless gloves. Headed back down Four Mile Trail with my trekking poles stowed and my hands in my ThermoBall pockets. Wish I'd thought of this then.