permit exchange question

  • lostimnot
    Message 1 of 3 , May 17, 2014

      I have a permit for one person for 7/10 from Happy Isles to Illilouette Creek then Whitney Portal. As it turns out I need to start on 6/30 or 7/1 instead due to a family commitment. A couple of Good Samaritans offered me their reservation as they have to cancel. Question: Can I get a permit with a reservation made in somebody else's name? I believe their reservation was for two people and I am going solo. Also my reservation for 7/10 is available, although a detour onto the Illilouette trail for the first night is required.

      - Bob Richey

    • Barbara Karagosian
      Message 2 of 3 , May 17, 2014
        You might be able to get a permit in someone's name. I recently had one for Ostrander Lake in my name and couldn't go. The permit office said to forward my reservation email to the person taking over, and he just had to show it at the permit office to get it in his name. Ostrander is in Yosemite so same thing probably applies. Give the office a call.

        Message 3 of 3 , May 17, 2014
          Thanks Barbara. It turns out that there is no problem after all. It was just one person in the group who dropped out so I will meet up with them when they get their permit.